Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: backyard herbal  (Read 3047 times)
runi

« on: July 29, 2008, 03:53:44 AM »

At present my efforts at a sustainable lifestyle are focusing upon trying to simplify my needs for starters. I am trying to rely less on conventional medicines for chronic and seasonal illnesses by studying natural healing seriously and also growing plants for medicinal use as well as collecting wild ones that grow on my property. I also have a large garden and grow a variety of vegetables and berries. In future years I would like to have enough to take to a farmer's market for sale on a regular basis. For now though any excess that my family doesn't need or isn't practical to store is taken to a local food pantry. I am keeping a journal of the successes and failures as well as yields and harvest dates.
Ingrid Naiman

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 01:39:07 PM »

This is wonderful and your journal is something that could be published on ahimsacoop.org, exactly the type of detailed and inspirational account that others need as a guide for making similar changes in their lives.

This is just totally wonderful and the more you share, the more the ripple effect begins to work its wonders.
cj9

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 11:07:05 PM »

What do you feed your plants? How do you keep away the pests? I have just started at this. My garlic was ok, and now am growing potaotoes and squash. Nothing else survived. Am going to try again with a fall garden with broccoli, lettuce, beets and chard. Any suggestions? Thanks and that is great that your harvest is plentiful!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: