Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prospective board member  (Read 4227 times)
cj9

« on: July 25, 2008, 12:29:29 PM »

I am interested in becoming a board member. Unsure if I have the proper qualifications, but my heart is in this coop, and I would do my best. Thank you, CJ
Ingrid Naiman

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 02:52:02 PM »

CJ,

Thanks so much for your interest.  I started to write you privately and then realized that this is not really the way to go.  Eventually there will be an election so the best thing to do is to introduce yourself to the others who are watching the unfoldment of the co-op.

I really don't even want to be explicit about what you should tell people, but perhaps some broad suggestions might help you and others who are contemplating similar offers.  Perhaps you could start by giving everyone some idea of why the co-op interests you, what skills you have to contribute, education and/or job experience, goals in life, etc.  I don't have any strict ideas here but since we are still developing guidelines, I might state as a personal preference (as opposed to group decision) that I consider such issues as how you manage your own eating and health issues as relevant whereas your taste in music and so on and so forth are personal.  Does this help?
cj9

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 10:57:39 PM »

Thanks for the information, Ingrid. I used to manage a health food store for years until I had my child. I believe in holistic healing, and would like to be a part of a coop that supplies the high quality items I use, also affordable, and if I had my hands in on the project, would be able to be assured of the quality and sustainability of our products. I have just encountered a serious family problem, and will have to move where there is no internet,at the end of this month, for quite possibly a few months. I don't know how fast we are getting this going, but if I can still be a part of the board elections, that would be great. If not, I sure do understand and will still be a member and contribute what I can. Sincerely, CJ 
nate

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 05:36:51 PM »

CJ, having managed a health food store is great experience and my hunch is that this entire community believes in holistic healing and has concerns about the quality and sustainability of our products.  I think you have the genesis of a great candidate statement right there and the whole community will benefit from your experience and efforts.

I'm sorry about your family troubles and hope you can resolve them shortly.  Please let us know when you are available for discussion and board candidacy by posting to the forum.  Thanks!
cj9

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 12:52:30 PM »

I'll have my internet access by end of dec. Unsure of what I can do for this coop yet, but as it falls into place and we know where it will be, etc. It will become more clear. Thank you, Nate and Ingrid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: